PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION:
Click on the titles to read the content
- Food Vendors: one week prior to event. Downtown merchants by March 15 (Spring) and August 15 (Fall), to secure space in front of their storefronts. All applications must be complete, accompanied with a check, money order or credit card information. After April 15 (Spring) and September 15 (Fall), money orders, cash or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, AMEX) only.
- Downtown merchants have 1st priority for one(1) space for their products in front of their business. Space assignments and priority system based on deadlines and postmark and participation in most recent festivals.
- Spaces are 12′ wide(across front) x 10′ deep. Food Court booths are 15’x10′.Corners are 2 adjacent sides open and a space between you and another vendor
- Must request electricity on application – Availability limited. electricity charge($75) must be included with application. Personal “whisper” type generators allowed only with prior Faire Manager approval. Cords must be commercial type and taped down.
Hours and Schedule
- Public festival hours are 9am – 5pm. Setup time as assigned on confirmation. Space forfeited if not occupied by 8:30am. All space cleared and streets open by 6:30pm.
- All vehicles removed from Festival area by 8:30am. Parking only on periphery of Festival area. Park in legal areas only – no alley parking.
- State Franchise Seller’s Permit number must be on application. Vendors responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax.
Permits and Certificates
- Food vendors responsible for San Diego County health permits. All permits must be posted in booth (food booths). Certified fire extinguisher required by fire marshall (food booths). Fire retardant canopies required (all vendors).
Confirmation and Refunds
- Confirmations will be mailed 21-30 days before Festival . No refunds will be made within 30 days of the Festival.
- No refund in case of inclement weather, acts of nature or restrictions by government agencies to cancel event, over which the Escondido Chamber of Commerce or Kennedy and Associates has no control.
- Booth and/or event cancellations, for any reason, including incident weather, acts of nature or restrictions by government agencies over which the Chamber and/or Kennedy and Associates have no control, received before 30 days of the event are assessed a $60 cancellation fee.
- The Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to limit the number of application for any one particular type of good/service, thereby protecting all vendors and maintaining diversity for the downtown festival, the personnel of the festival and its participants.
- No stolen merchandise, fire arms, ammunition, explosives, fireworks, party poppers, bomb bags, snap caps, alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco/drug paraphernalia, signage or items that promotes the use of any Federally Controlled Substances, including Marijuana.
- No double edge, switch blade, throwing or butterfly knives.
- No potato guns. Merchandise should be displayed as colorfully and tastefully as possible.
In order to enhance and improve future festivals / faires, the festival committee reserves the right to alter the format or character of the Festival at the committee’s discretion.
Space Rent Schedule
|Space Rental||Price||Space Size|
|Food (faire provides 3-compartment sink)||$375||15x10|
|Food (vendor provides 3-compartment sink)||$275||15x10|
|Arts & Crafts (Grand Avenue)||$150||12x10|
|Business/Corporate (Grand Avenue)||$230||12x10|
|Single Food Pre-packaged Only||$150|
|Corners/Intersections (Limited) (Separate Check)||+$50|
|Electric (Separate Check)||+$75|